Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday Flicks

This has nothing to do with travel or adventure, but while we were on the road visiting our families for the holidays I started to think about Christmases past. When I was a kid, there were shows we watched every year around this time. It was family tradition for us all to gather around the TV and watch Rudolph, the Grinch, Charlie Brown, Clark Griswold and all the others. When Christie and I met, she re-introduced me to the tradition of watching holiday flicks throughout the month of December. While we agree on greats like Christmas Vacation, she prefers those old classic movies--with moral fiber and bad acting--and those cheesy new pop-Christmas movies like Prancer. So here's a list of my top five movies to watch during the Christmas season:

5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
4. Love, Actually
3. Die Hard 2
2. A Christmas Story
1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment